The process of converting Raw Natural or Synthetic Rubber in to sheet form by means of mixing it with chemicals, minerals, carbon, oils & vulcanization is called Rubber Sheeting.
The process involved Rubber Processing Chemicals like Sulfur, Zinc Oxide, TMT, Titanium, MBTS. Minerals like Calcium Carbonate, Carbon. Processing oil called RPO (Rubber Processing Oil), all these ingredients are mixed together using Rubber processing machinery which includes Banbury mixture, Kneader machine, mixing mills, calendering machine, extruder, hydraulic press, roto-cure & cooling conditioner.
There are two types of Rubber available namely Natural, Synthetic. Natural rubber is derived from Rubber Tree ( Hevea brasiliensis) after processing of milk type of material licking from rubber three (called Latex).
Synthetic Rubber is a petroleum product, manufactured using content derived from crude oil & adding certain chemicals by means of Industrial application. There are varieties of synthetic Rubber is available in market like Chloroprene (Neoprene), Silicone, EPDM, Fluoro-elastomer, Nitrile, Hypalon, Butyl, all these grades differs in terms of there application & specifications, for eg.
- Chloroprene(Neoprene) - are resistant to Oil, Acid, Alkalies, hydrocarbons and are abrasion resistant.
- Silicone - Silicone Rubber Sheets are highly resistant to temperature, these can bear up to 250° C.
- EPDM - Rubber are resistant to whether, temperature, ageing, radiations, EPDM Rubber Sheets prevents Water or Liquid to pass through & that's the reason EPDM Rubber are widely used in Water Proof Roofing, Canal & Ponds Lining.
- Nitrile - Nitrile or NBR Rubber Sheets are permeable to gases, therefor used as gaskets in packing purposes.
- Viton or Fluoroelastomer - Rubber sheet is resistant to a wide range of oils and solvents. It exhibits good abrasion and tear resistance. These sheets can bear hear and high temperature very well.
Industrial Rubber Sheets are use in a variety of applications such as gaskets, packing, Insulation, matting purposes. In modern days rubber sheets are manufactured using blend of Natural & Synthetic Rubber.